Popular posts from this blog
The Adventures of Rambo & Squeak: A Brother & Sister Plan a Route
So, Rambo and I planned our route today. Now, originally, we were going to do 4 days. Then he said 3. Now, we are going overnight. LOL. But, that's ok, as I go all the time, and can do a longer trip any time. So, this is our overall route: Day One looks like this: Day Two looks like this: He gave me his itemized packing list that had things on it I never even heard of...and when I gave him my tiny list (originally scribbled on a napkin), he pshawed at my unpreparedness. Seriously, I don't need more than this: 65 Liter Osprey Pack with rain cover Black Diamond Trekking Poles UL Sleeping Bag (liner optional) and Thermalite sleep pad Kelty Monarch II Tent with Tyvek tarp and extra cord Pocket knife UL camp stove, Stanley pot, Titaniam spork 2 Smart Water Bottles, 1 Sawyer Mini Headlamp with extra batteries Charger + phone Ziplock wallet Waterproof matches Ziplock FAK (bandaids, Neosporin, Motrin, alcohol, tweezer...
The Adventures of Rambo & Squeak: Pick me up a Tomahawk
I am actually heading out the door to take a hike with my unwilling 15 year old son when my phone vibrates with a text. It's Rambo. "Can you look in the hiker boxes for a Tomahawk? I don't have one of those." My first thought was, who is putting Tomahawk missiles into hiker boxes...but then I remembered there is an axe thing called a Tomahawk, and this is Rambo. Eye Roll and laughter. I text back, "um, I will ask around, but I've never known anyone to have a Tomahawk or even a machete." "I already have one of those." "You need both?" "We've got to be prepared." So, I am not sure what my brother thinks lives on the AT in the 13ish mile section between Blue Mountain and the Lehigh River in PA, but I am fairly sure it isn't Nessie or Bigfoot. Surely, some selfies would exist, right? I mean, we grew up there. He still lives there. Are there sightings? Have I missed something in the 12 years s...
Comments
Post a Comment